24 Jun 2006

Well...this is me then.







I'm going to make this as fast and painless as it can be.... God! I've always hated those stupid first introductions...."Hello! How are you? You don't look familiar, have we met? Yes, I thought so...So, what do you do?"......and blah....blah....blah......it just goes on.....and all I can do in such situations is put on my best "non-bored" expression and try and take as much interest possible in the "Oh, you know.....my work keeps me in the office all day long, its sooooo much work, you young things can never ever imagine!"-s. It might sound rude or really offensive, but being present in front of such stand-alone theatrical characters totally changes the direction of the offense.

Anyway, here's my painful offensive: I'm presently majoring in Sociology, from Presidency College Calcutta... and plan to take on journalism (not academically, proffessionally!), after masters in some godforsaken discipline...actually I happen to have a lot of options...wanted to sit for CAT, but I'm thinking I may not be 'that' good, I might actually sit for it but chances are that I will not stand up with it.

I did my schooling from the school, thats near home and that never makes it to the headlines despite having some of the best scores in all the board exams, now to think of it...I'm quite proud of the fact, it means I can work on it someday......challenges...challenges.....
My high school was really far away from home, and I had to board a bus exactly at 9:15 a.m to reach school exactly at 10:30 a.m......isn't that delirious?

My college, is the best, by far the most amazing campus.....any human/god/whatever could have created...its the most educational (not disciplinary, because I don't attend classes, who does?!!!) experience ever.....it is here that I learnt, that people could actually sing like Mariah Carey with ten pegs of unadulterated white rum, or that the Calcutta skyline could look so beautiful from a two-storey high servant's quarter terrace, that classrooms were but a myth, that classmates were actually the locality's middle-aged folks, that youth-awareness is waking up in a dust-bin covered in crap...and realising that last evening was cleanliness drive's deadline, that public break-ups could actually be show-stealers after a week-long drama(inter-college theatre fest) marathon, or that proffessors could be the first crushes.......

But nostalgia drips at the very thought of my junior schhol, those were the days...days of thunder (under the wooden canopy, off the school cateen, in the monsoon)... those were the days of friendship (friends today...fiends tomorrow...and all for that cute guy two standards senior).... those were the days, when mischief meant having tiffin in the back-benches, or drawing stuff out of the Biology book, chapter 10, page 105 (you know what!)...

But here I am, now, today...looking back at all the fun and looking ahead at all the unknown fun yet to be registered here... really, to think of it now, it seems like...LIFE's one big joke... good part is, its not on me....(not for now).

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 am

    hi..kamalini..me, arpita, st.xaviers student doing graduation...eng hons. would u like 2 be my friend...??? then plzzz send me a friend request in yahoo messenger. my i.d is arpitasen@yahoo.com....hope u will send me a request ...coz am eager 2 make friendship with u....AND THE ONE THING IS THAT "THOUGHT WAVES" r just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:00 am

    sorry...kamalini..my yahoo i.d is arptasn@yahoo.com...plz...do reply me...send me a friend request in yahoo mail...bye..take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arpita, you've posted via anonymous comment...so I cannot trace back to your blog..nonetheless..thanks for your awesome "awesome" comment! :) I'll get back to you on yahoo...find me out if you are on orkut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:47 am

    hi..kamalini..no, i dnt hav an orkut account actually am using 1 of mah friends account...so i think it will be very good if u post ur mail i.d here...so that i can add u in yahoo messenger...well am really very interested 2 make friendship...my yahoo i.d is arpitasn@yahoo.com..ok..bye.ans the comment awesome is nt much for ur thought waves coz itz superb...damn good concept..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. senoritta_kamal@yahoo.com is my id....

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger