27 Mar 2007

On the Wrong Side of the Locked Door

I wish it was dark.
Then I won’t be afraid of the thin
Bright line, speeding in
Through that little hole in the door.

I wish I was alone.
And all these people won’t crowd
Around me, crying aloud
Their voices streaming in, through that little hole in the door.

I wish I was dead.
Living nameless and faceless
Is not living enough, and I wish
I could disappear, through that little hole in the door.

I wish you were with me.
And I won’t be worrying about all the people
Or the light, happy with the little world outside
As I can see, through that little hole in the door.

I wish I was free.
So that I could run after the butterflies
That are blocking my hopes flowing in
Through that little hole in the door.

I wish I could sing.
And give voice to my thoughts
And give them little wings, to fly out
Through that little hole in the door.

I wish I had a key.
To unlock this giant door
And run away into emptiness,
That calls me, through that little hole in the door.

I wish I had you
Then I could hate that little hole in the door.
I wish I could be…
On the wrong side of the locked door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger